On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 10:25:53AM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 04:02:22PM +1000, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote: > > > Which means the guest RAM does not need to be all mapped in that base IOAS > > suggested down this thread as that would mean all memory is pinned and > > powervm won't be able to swap it out (yeah, it can do such thing now!). Not > > sure if we really want to support this or stick to a simpler design. > > Huh? How can it swap? Calling GUP is not optional. Either you call GUP > at the start and there is no swap, or you call GUP for each vIOMMU > hypercall. > > Since everyone says PPC doesn't call GUP during the hypercall - how is > it working? The current implementation does GUP during the pre-reserve. I think Alexey's talking about a new PowerVM (IBM hypervisor) feature; I don't know how that works. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson