On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 03:35:34PM +0200, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote: > Currently irq is registered when i2c driver is loaded, it is unnecessary > when component is unused. Initialize irq only when we probe ASoC > component. No, this makes things worse - we should acquire resources in the device level probe so that we handle deferred probe more gracefully, triggering a defer from the device trying to acquire the resource makes it clearer what's going on and reduces the amount of work we do on deferred probe attempts. Having an interrupt registered has no meaningful cost.