On 2022-07-11 at 11:37:26, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote: > Formatting bitfield as "unsigned foo:1" is the usual style in this > project, not "unsigned foo : 1", which clang-format will use by > default. > > Before & after this change running "make style-all-diff-apply" will > yield: > > 582 files changed, 32029 insertions(+), 29794 deletions(-) > 579 files changed, 32065 insertions(+), 29818 deletions(-) > > However this highlights a major limitation in this approach, because > clang-format v12 or newer is required for this rule, but that version > was only released in April 2021. This isn't supported on Debian stable, which has clang 11. I think we should expect that to be a viable development target here, and I know it's what some Git developers actually use. I think for now we should drop this patch, and we can reconsider it in the future. -- brian m. carlson (he/him or they/them) Toronto, Ontario, CA