On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 12:35:11PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote: > This caused me to wonder if we shouldn't create a new book called > "tutorials" for this kind of stuff, with an explicit proviso that a more > web-oriented approach is OK in that section? Tutorial documentation > *is* quite different from reference material, but we've really made no > effort to treat the two differently so far. > I think so, but I guess "web-oriented" means doing a lot of searching the Internet to accomplish kernel-related tasks, right? For the initial tutorial contents, I'd like to see: * this one (for end users and tester) * kernel building with development environment setup and patch submission (for developers) * kernel bisection (as in v1) * reporting bugs (tldr: make sure to include info as detail as you can get and Cc: related mailing lists [scripts/get_maintainer.pl helps]). Other tutorial-style docs across Documentation/ can be candidate of moving to Documentation/tutorials/. Thanks. -- An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara