On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 12:14:45AM -0500, Supreeth Venkatesh wrote: > #### Alternatives Considered > > In-band mechanisms using System Management Mode (SMM) exists. > > However, out of band method to gather RAS data is processor specific. > How does this compare with existing implementations in phosphor-debug-collector. I believe there was some attempt to extend P-D-C previously to handle Intel's crashdump behavior. The repository currently handles IBM's processors, I think, or maybe that is covered by openpower-debug-collector. In any case, I think you should look at the existing D-Bus interfaces (and associated Redfish implementation) of these repositories and determine if you can use those approaches (or document why now). -- Patrick Williams