On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 10:48:28PM +0200, Marian Postevca wrote: > Regarding playing the speaker and headphone simultaneously, is not > something I took into account. Is this even a valid usecase? The intel driver > for es8336 doesn't seem to support it. Yes, for example consider a critical notification - the system may wish to ensure it is audible even if the user has taken off their headphones for some reason. > >> This is needed because if suspending the laptop with the headphones > >> inserted, when resuming, the sound is not working anymore. Sound stops > >> working on speakers and headphones. Reinsertion and removals of the > >> headphone doesn't solve the problem. > >> This seems to be caused by the fact > >> that the GPIO IRQ stops working in es8316_irq() after resume. > > That's a bug that should be fixed. > Agreed, but I don't know how easy it is to fix, and I would like to > first offer users of these laptops a working sound driver. > Afterwards this issue can be analyzed and properly fixed. Surely if nothing else a good first step would be to have the CODEC driver do whatever disabling the jack does on suspend without needing the machine driver to bodge things?