* SDK deployment of a meta-package
@ 2020-05-08 14:32 scinteeb
From: scinteeb @ 2020-05-08 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel

Hello,

I am fairly new on using the Yocto project and I am at the beginning of my learning curve. I have tried to find the information that I need on internet but I couldn't identify any reference. That's why I am trying to get my answers here, if somebody is having the time for it.
I am trying to include the Poco library into the toolchain. For that I am adding in the local.conf the variable TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK_append = " poco poco-dev". However, I am getting an error message on poco-dev saying that there is nothing to provide a certain poco library. Looking at the poco recipe file I saw that this is basically splitting the libraries in several rpm packages, and the poco rpm which is expected to install the libraries, doesn't contain any file, being a meta-package.
The question is: how can I deploy in the SDK the 'meta-package'?

Thanks for your time,
Bogdan.