On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 11:27:07PM +0100, Olliver Schinagl wrote: > Hey all, > > On March 21, 2024 5:34:25 p.m. GMT+01:00, Junio C Hamano wrote: > >Patrick Steinhardt writes: > > > >>> Circling back on this topic: https://gitlab.com/git is unfortunately > >>> taken, so it's out of question. I'd say the most pragmatic thing to do > >>> would thus be to retain the already-existing location of the official > >>> mirror at GitLab. > > > >https://gitlab.com/git/ sems to give us 404, though. > > > > That seems tot indicatie this is a user, not a group (gitlab is more > advanced then github), but I could be wrong. In both cases the user > has set this to private. > > My guess is, someone set this up as a bot-user or something the like. > Maybebgitlab could check activity (internally and confidentially) and > see if the user would want to talk. But I admit is a bit hostile. > Other we have no way of reaching out. I checked with support folks and it is a private group if I remember correctly. Whatever it was, it's not available right now. > As for my mirror, I started my mail with I'd me more then happy to > transfer ownership. The name I post cked as a reference to > git-scm.org, and never intended to keep it for myself. As I initially > wrote, I was just slow and lazy to sort thongs out ;) > > I will transfer and relinquish any and all control of the group once I > know to whom. Okay, thanks, I didn't quite remember :) In any case, unless we get a hold of git-vcs/git, we have two viable options: - gitvcs/git owned by Olliver. - git-scm/git. I just discovered a few hours ago that the git-scm group is owned by Chris, so we can set this one up easily. I'd personally rather go with the latter, mostly because it matches our git-scm.com domain. I also like it better than the current git-vcs/git because of that. So Chris, would you mind adding me (@pks-t, my non-GitLab handle) as an additional owner of that group? I'd be happy to manage the rest from there -- setup of the project, mirroring, CI system and changing our docs to point to the new mirror. Patrick