Hi Rhys, On 1/14/22 04:14, Rhys Perry wrote: > `Hi, > > I use IWD as the network manager on my laptop, also utilising it's > inbuilt DHCP client. One of the things that gets on my nerves about > this is that there is no way to override the DNS server globally, only > per-network. This becomes rather annoying on a device like a laptop, > where I am regularly connecting to new networks. > Sure, I can see how this would be useful. > I am proposing the ability to override network specific options (ones > documented in `iwd.network`) globally. This would be implemented by I suspect only a subset of these options would make sense to be global. DNS would be one of them. > having another configuration file (something like > `/etc/iwd/network-overrides.conf`), where any network-specific options > can be set, but globally. Of course, it is still useful to be able to > set per-network options, so any options in the per-network configs > (`/var/lib/iwd/*`) should take precedence over the global options. I'm not sure that adding yet another config file is worthwhile. We already have some network configuration related options in main.conf. MulticastDNS for example. So I'd start by adding global DNS preference settings there first. Regards, -Denis