Dear List, I have problem with setting label-id of dos partition table The problem occurs when i use sfdisk: 1. I "save" the partition table with sfdisk -d /dev/sda > saved.table (saved file has label-id of partition table) 2. then i restore this via sfdisk /dev/sda < saved.table BUT label-id of dos partition table can be changed in this operation e.g.: when i run command such: sfdisk -d /dev/sda > saved.table sfdisk /dev/sda < saved.table sfdisk -d /dev/sda sfdisk /dev/sda < saved.table sfdisk -d /dev/sda sfdisk /dev/sda < saved.table sfdisk -d /dev/sda each time when i restore partition table label-id of dos type partition table is changed! For me it is essential that label-id is set exactly as previous because after that i restore windows operationg system on this partitions and windows take care about label-id of boot disk partition table Currently i use fdisk (expert option i) for setting label-id of partition, but why it is not possible thru sfdisk? Best Regards -- Bartłomiej Solarz-Niesłuchowski, Administrator WSISiZ e-mail: Bartlomiej.Solarz-Niesluchowski@wit.edu.pl tel. 223486547, fax 223486501 JID: solarz@jabber.wit.edu.pl 01-447 Warszawa, ul. Newelska 6, pokój 404, pon.-pt. 8-16 Motto - Jak sobie pościelisz tak sie wyśpisz