Hi, Amir! On 6/17/22 14:37, Amir Goldstein wrote: > I see you finally managed to flow this into kernel.org repo. Yay! :) :) >>> FAN_FS_ERROR v5.16 [fan-fs-error] >> >> This one. Looks good to me. >> > > Rebased on top of upstream, fixed the few minor nits > you pointed out and push to: > > https://github.com/amir73il/man-pages/commits/fan-fs-error > > Can you please apply? Could you please send it as a patch set to the list? That helps avoiding errors from my side. >>> And I have more changes for upcoming v5.19... > > > I have a question for you regarding new UAPI, such as > FAN_MARK_EVICTABLE that got merged to v5.19-rc1. > > Often, Michael would not want to merge UAPI changes to > man pages before .0 release, because UAPI changes could > be reverted before final release (which happened for fanotify). That makes sense. > I still want to post those man page patches for review early, That also makes sense. > but don't want to mess up your patch review process. > > I guess if I post them as [RFC] it will be a good sign for you not > to merge them until the .0 release? > Should I simply use the subject "Fanotify updated for v5.19"? [RFC] seems good to me for that purpose (I also use it for patches that shouldn't be applied). If you want to make sure I don't apply it by accident (which may happen), you can also add a line in the email noting that, but normally, RFC should be enough. > > Do you have a different view on the matter? > Don't care at all? ;-) Heh :) I wonder sometimes if I'm beeing too much strict with contributors. I think I'm usually being more strict than Michael was. Cheers, Alex -- Alejandro Colomar