On 22.12.19 12:36, Alberto Garcia wrote: > Hi, > > here's the new version of the patches to add subcluster allocation > support to qcow2. > > Please refer to the cover letter of the first version for a full > description of the patches: > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-block/2019-10/msg00983.html > > This version fixes many of the problems highlighted by Max. I decided > not to replace completely the cluster logic with subcluster logic in > all cases because I felt that sometimes it only complicated the code. > Let's see what you think :-) Looks good overall. :) So now I wonder on what your plans are after this series. Here are some things that come to my mind, and I wonder whether you plan to address them or whether there are more things to do still: - In v2, you had a patch for preallocation support with backing files. It didn’t quite work, which is why I think you dropped it for now (why not, it isn’t crucial). - There is a TODO on subcluster zeroing. - I think adding support to amend for switching extended_l2 on or off would make sense. But maybe it’s too complicated to be worth the effort. - As I noted in v2, I think it’d be great if it were possible to run the iotests with -o extended_l2=on. But I suppose this kind of depends on me adding data_file support to the Python tests first... Max