From: "Greg Wilson-Lindberg" <gwilson@sakuraus.com>
To: Yocto list discussion <yocto@yoctoproject.org>
Subject: Help with how to debug dependency error
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:02:46 +0000	[thread overview]

I am building a system based on a boot2qt warrior Yocto build  for the Raspberry Pi4.

Our system is building just fine until I try to add support for OSTree. When I do that I get 3 errors for existing recipes, "nothing provides virtual/gbm", "nothing provides virtual/egl", and "nothing provides virtual/gles2". All of these are specified in PACKAGECONFIG[] lines in qtbase_git.bb as required when gbm and gles2 are turned on.

I have searched for gbm in the meta-updater & meta-updater-raspberrypi directories that get included to add support for OSTree and found no reference. It looks like the OSTree inclusion is requesting something that is in turn requesting gbm and gles2 but I haven't been able to figure out what that is.

I have tried to print out the variables and a dependency graph to help me track down what is going wrong, but these don't work because the errors abort before I can get the information I need out.

Can anyone point me to a way to find out what is triggering the change in the gbm & gles2 packages?

Thanks in advance,
Greg Wilson-Lindberg