On 2017-08-31 15:14, Daniel P. Berrange wrote: [...] > NB, some distros have already changed /usr/bin/python to point to py3 > so all the files with #!/usr/bin/python in QEMU are already broken on > those distros. For what it's worth, I (at least used to) build qemu regularly on Arch Linux and the only issue I encountered with this is that the iotests wouldn't work. As a workaround, I made the check script detect that interpreter line and just run the script through the interpreter configured through --python, so it works now... So from what I could tell, everything worked when you specify --python=python2. Max