On 05.02.2018 15:56, Hans Verkuil wrote: > Please add a change log when you make a patch. > I for one would like to know why this has to be supplied as a module option. The idea here was that each individual SUR40 device will likely have slightly different "ideal" settings for the parameters, and by using the module options, you can set them right away at startup. I'm aware that the usual way to do this would be from userspace using v4l2-ctl, but the SUR40 is sort of a special case: the video settings will also influence the internal touch detection, and in the worst case, starting the driver with the default parameters from flash will immediately cause so many false-positive touch points to be detected that the graphical shell becomes unusable. This has actually happened several times during testing, so we considered a module option to be the easiest way for dealing with this. > Some documentation in the code would be helpful as well (e.g. I have no idea > what a 'vsvideo' is). Right - will do that, too. Best regards, Florian -- SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL