From: "Madhava Rayudu" <madhava.rayudu@gmail.com>
To: lartc@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [LARTC] Re: GPL Software for Small ISP
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 03:23:55 +0000	[thread overview]

Sir,

On 2/8/07, Andrew Beverley <andy@andybev.com> wrote:

I suggest you have a look at some of the examples of fair traffic
> shaping using linux. I can send you my script if you like - I have used
> it to share a 1 Mbit link between about 70 people and it works fairly
> well.

   Please do send.   I am very Thankful to you.

Right now I am using rshaper by Alsandro Rubini for shaping incoming
bandwidth(from my clients) and Squid delay pools for HTTP traffic. Kindly
see there is provision for using squid cache.  Most of the Qos/TC packages
does not consider Squid in between. Marking of Squids Hit/Misses etc..

But Squid  saves around 35% of bandwidth which is huge money saving.

Regards,

Rayudu.