* Using Dropbear - Core Image Sato
@ 2018-09-06 11:58 Ayman Hassan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ayman Hassan @ 2018-09-06 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,
I am part of a team based in Cairo, Egypt – working on a project and we’re still discovering Linux Features, I am currently running  core-image-sato on a virtual box, and trying to connect to SSH server using Dropbear – but it’s not working – I get connection refused message. I couldn’t find tutorials to know how I can fix the problem.
I would really much appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Ayman ABDELHAMID

* Re: Using Dropbear - Core Image Sato
@ 2018-09-14 18:49 ` Randy MacLeod
From: Randy MacLeod @ 2018-09-14 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ayman Hassan, yocto

On 09/06/2018 07:58 AM, Ayman Hassan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am part of a team based in Cairo, Egypt – working on a project and
> we’re still discovering Linux Features, I am currently running
>   core-image-sato on a virtual box,

Welcome to yocto. If you have access to IRC,
you can join #oe on Freenode to ask for help as well.

> and trying to connect to SSH server
> using Dropbear – but it’s not working – I get connection refused
> message. I couldn’t find tutorials to know how I can fix the problem.

Did you build your image for qemux86-64 instead and try to use runqemu?
As shown on:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/brief-yoctoprojectqs/brief-yoctoprojectqs.html

That's a more common use case than VirtualBox in the Yocto community.

If you are determined to use VB:

Did you manage to ssh into say and ubuntu image running there?
If not, then you'll need VB docs not YP docs.

If ubuntu works for you, then what's your build environment, ssh client,
and branch of yocto:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases
?

../Randy

--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux

* Re: Using Dropbear - Core Image Sato
@ 2018-09-14 19:40 ` Randy MacLeod
From: Randy MacLeod @ 2018-09-14 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ayman Hassan, yocto

--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux

* Re: Using Dropbear - Core Image Sato
@ 2018-09-14 19:41 ` Randy MacLeod
From: Randy MacLeod @ 2018-09-14 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ayman Hassan, yocto

On 09/06/2018 07:58 AM, Ayman Hassan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am part of a team based in Cairo, Egypt – working on a project and
> we’re still discovering Linux Features, I am currently running
>   core-image-sato on a virtual box,

Welcome to yocto. If you have access to IRC,
you can join #oe on Freenode to ask for help as well.

> and trying to connect to SSH server
> using Dropbear – but it’s not working – I get connection refused
> message. I couldn’t find tutorials to know how I can fix the problem.

Did you build your image for qemux86-64 instead and try to use runqemu?
As shown on:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/brief-yoctoprojectqs/brief-yoctoprojectqs.html

That's a more common use case than VirtualBox in the Yocto community.

If you are determined to use VB:

Did you manage to ssh into an ubuntu image as a test?
If not, then you'll need VB docs not YP docs.

If ubuntu in VB works for you, then

--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux