On 2020-04-30 05:46, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote: > On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 05:27:48PM +0200, Jethro Beekman wrote: >> On 2020-04-21 23:52, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote: >>> Intel(R) SGX is a set of CPU instructions that can be used by applications >>> to set aside private regions of code and data. The code outside the enclave >>> is disallowed to access the memory inside the enclave by the CPU access >>> control. >>> >>> There is a new hardware unit in the processor called Memory Encryption >>> Engine (MEE) starting from the Skylake microacrhitecture. BIOS can define >>> one or many MEE regions that can hold enclave data by configuring them with >>> PRMRR registers. >>> >>> The MEE automatically encrypts the data leaving the processor package to >>> the MEE regions. The data is encrypted using a random key whose life-time >>> is exactly one power cycle. >>> >>> The current implementation requires that the firmware sets >>> IA32_SGXLEPUBKEYHASH* MSRs as writable so that ultimately the kernel can >>> decide what enclaves it wants run. The implementation does not create >>> any bottlenecks to support read-only MSRs later on. >>> >>> You can tell if your CPU supports SGX by looking into /proc/cpuinfo: >>> >>> cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep sgx >> >> Let's merge this. > > So can I tag reviewed-by's? > No, but you already have my tested-by's. If it helps I can try to review some patches, but 1) I know nothing about kernel coding guidelines and best practices and 2) I know little about most kernel internals, so I won't be able to review every patch. -- Jethro Beekman | Fortanix