On 07/18/2017 03:01 AM, James Morris wrote: > On Thu, 13 Jul 2017, Stefan Berger wrote: > >> A file shared by 2 containers, one mapping root to uid=1000, the other mapping >> root to uid=2000, will show these two xattrs on the host (init_user_ns) once >> these containers set xattrs on that file. > I may be missing something here, but what happens when say the uid=2000 > container and associated user is deleted from the system, then another is > created with the same uid? > > Won't this mean that you have unexpected capabilities turning up in the > new container? > Yes, that's right. I don't know any solution for that. We would have to walk the filesystems and find all 'stale' xattrs with such a uid. This is independent of whether the uid is encoded on the name side, as in this patch, or on the value side, as in Serge's original proposal. And uids of a mapped container root user don't necessarily have to have an account on the host so that an account deletion could trigger that. Stefan