Awesome, thanks. Apparently I'm not properly performing a date-sorted search on the list archives. I started here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/ Then entered "slirp" and searched with chronological order, but the latest entry is from 2020. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, //anders On Wed, Apr 20, 2022, at 2:21 PM, Daniel Henrique Barboza wrote: > > > On 4/20/22 16:08, Anders Pitman wrote: > > I noticed in the 7.0 changelog that libslirp might be removed as a submodule in the future. Since user networking is very important for my project, I'm wondering if this is simply an implementation detail, or if there are plans to eventually remove slirp support entirely from QEMU (which would be bad for me)? > > > > Is there somewhere I can read the discussion about this? I searched the mailing list archives but didn't see anything obvious. > > QEMU will still be supporting libslirp. The difference is that now QEMU will be > using libslirp from the distro instead of packaging it itself. > > The relevant thread is here: > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2022-04/msg00974.html > > > Thanks, > > > Daniel > >