* X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-22 10:22 Lars Kurth
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Kurth @ 2018-03-22 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Tamas K Lengyel, Wei Liu, intel-xen,
	Andrew Cooper, Daniel Kiper, Roger Pau Monné,
	Christopher Clark, Janakarajan Natarajan, Rich Persaud,
	Paul Durrant, committers, Jan Beulich',
	Brian Woods

Hi all,

please find attached
a) Meeting details (just a link with timezones) – the meeting invite will follow when we have an agenda
   Bridge details – will be sent with the meeting invite
   I am thinking of using GotoMeeting, but want to try this with a Linux only user before I commit
c) Call for agenda items

A few suggestions were made, such as XPTI status (if applicable), PVH status
Also we have some left-overs from the last call: see https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-03/threads.html#01571

Regards
Lars

== Meeting Details ==
Wed April 11, 15:00 - 16:00 UTC

International meeting times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=4&day=11&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=179&p4=136&p5=37&p6=33

== Agenda Proposal ==
We start with a round the table call as to who is on the call (name and company)

=== A) Coordination and Planning ===
Coordinating who does what, what needs attention, what is blocked, etc.

A1) Short-term
Any urgent issues related to the 4.11 release that need discussing

A2) Long-term, Larger series
Please call out any x86 related series, that need attention in the longer term. Provide
* Title of series
* Link to series (e.g. on https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel, markmail, …)
* Describe any: Dependencies, Issues, etc. that are relevant

=== B) Design, architecture, feature eupdates related discussions ===
Please highlight any design/architecture discussions that you would like to cover. Please describe
* Design, point to any mail discussions
* Describe clearly what you are blocked on: highlight any issues

=== C) Demos, Sharing of Experiences, Sometimes discussion of specific issues/bugs/problems/... ===
Please highlight any of the above that you would like to cover. Please describe
* What the issue/experience/demo is that you would like to cover

=== D) AOB ===

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-22 10:27 ` Paul Durrant
From: Paul Durrant @ 2018-03-22 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Kurth, xen-devel
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Tamas K Lengyel, Wei Liu, intel-xen,
	Andrew Cooper, Daniel Kiper, Roger Pau Monné,
	Christopher Clark, Janakarajan Natarajan, Rich Persaud,
	committers, Jan Beulich',
	Brian Woods

De-htmling...

-----
[...]

I think we need to discuss PCI emulation and our future direction. Our current hybrid with QEMU is becoming increasingly problematic.

  Paul

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-22 11:55   ` Roger Pau Monné
From: Roger Pau Monné @ 2018-03-22 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Durrant
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Lars Kurth, xen-devel, Wei Liu, intel-xen,
	Andrew Cooper, Daniel Kiper, Christopher Clark,
	Janakarajan Natarajan, Rich Persaud, Tamas K Lengyel, committers,
	Jan Beulich',
	Brian Woods

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 10:27:35AM +0000, Paul Durrant wrote:
> De-htmling...
>
> -----

+1

I can also give an update on the PVH work.

Roger.

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-22 13:27 ` Razvan Cojocaru
From: Razvan Cojocaru @ 2018-03-22 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Kurth, xen-devel
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Tamas K Lengyel, Wei Liu, Andrew Cooper,
	Daniel Kiper, Roger Pau Monné,
	Christopher Clark, Janakarajan Natarajan, Rich Persaud,
	Paul Durrant, committers, Jan Beulich',
	intel-xen, Brian Woods

On 03/22/2018 12:22 PM, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> please find attached
> a) Meeting details (just a link with timezones) – the meeting invite
> will follow when we have an agenda
>    Bridge details – will be sent with the meeting invite
>    I am thinking of using GotoMeeting, but want to try this with a Linux
> only user before I commit
> c) Call for agenda items

Using GotoMeeting would be great (as a Linux user I recall being able to
hear / see GotoMeeting sessions, though I've not tried it recently).

It's definitely more convenient than a phone meeting.

Thanks,
Razvan

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-22 13:48     ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-03-22 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Pau Monné, Paul Durrant
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Lars Kurth, xen-devel, Wei Liu, intel-xen,

On 03/22/2018 11:55 AM, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 10:27:35AM +0000, Paul Durrant wrote:
>> De-htmling...
>>
>> -----

I think it would be worth for Stefano and I to join this discussion.
Ideally, we want to use a common solution between Arm and x86.

Not sure the time will fit for Stefano thought.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-22 14:00       ` Lars Kurth
From: Lars Kurth @ 2018-03-22 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Roger Pau Monné, Paul Durrant
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Ji, John, xen-devel, Wei Liu, Andrew Cooper,
	Daniel Kiper, Christopher Clark, Janakarajan Natarajan,
	Rich Persaud, Tamas K Lengyel, committers, Jan Beulich',
	Brian Woods

Removing the non-working Intel alias

@John: once this alias actually works, let me know.
The start of the thread is at https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-03/threads.html#02672

@All:
To summarize in terms of higher level discussions:
* Discuss PCI emulation and our future direction. Our current hybrid with QEMU is becoming increasingly problematic (leader: Paul)
* Update on PVH work (leader: Royger)

It would be good if leaders could do some preparation and send out a short description of anything that they think may help others follow the discussion.

We should probably also summarize quickly any developments on NVDIMM, depending on progress.

I would say: maybe use the first 15-30 minutes for more operational stuff. The second half for bigger ticket items.

On 22/03/2018, 14:49, "Julien Grall" <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:

    >> -----
    >>
    >> I think we need to discuss PCI emulation and our future direction. Our current hybrid with QEMU is becoming increasingly problematic.
    >
    > +1

    I think it would be worth for Stefano and I to join this discussion.
    Ideally, we want to use a common solution between Arm and x86.

    Not sure the time will fit for Stefano thought.

It's at 7am Pacific, which is a little early for Stefano. I can't really move the call: it was quite hard to agree a time-slot.
But we could aim to schedule this discussion for say 7:30 or 7:45, which makes this easier for Stefano

Regards
Lars

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-22 22:51         ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-03-22 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Kurth
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Ji, John, xen-devel, Wei Liu, Tamas K Lengyel,
	Andrew Cooper, Daniel Kiper, Roger Pau Monné,
	Christopher Clark, Rich Persaud, Janakarajan Natarajan,
	Julien Grall, Paul Durrant, committers, Jan Beulich',
	Brian Woods

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Lars Kurth wrote:
> On 22/03/2018, 14:49, "Julien Grall" <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
>
>     >> -----
>     >>
>     >> I think we need to discuss PCI emulation and our future direction. Our current hybrid with QEMU is becoming increasingly problematic.
>     >
>     > +1
>
>     I think it would be worth for Stefano and I to join this discussion.
>     Ideally, we want to use a common solution between Arm and x86.
>
>     Not sure the time will fit for Stefano thought.
>
> It's at 7am Pacific, which is a little early for Stefano. I can't really move the call: it was quite hard to agree a time-slot.
> But we could aim to schedule this discussion for say 7:30 or 7:45, which makes this easier for Stefano

Yes, indeed it is very early for Stefano :-)

But I can do 7:30-7:45 for once.

In general, for things that interest both x86 and Arm, and PCI
passthrough is a great example, I think it would be best to organize
topic specific calls (that I would love push to 8AM or later ;-)

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-23  9:43           ` Roger Pau Monné
From: Roger Pau Monné @ 2018-03-23  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Lars Kurth, Julien Grall, xen-devel, Wei Liu,
	Andrew Cooper, Daniel Kiper, Janakarajan Natarajan,
	Christopher Clark, Ji, John, Rich Persaud, Tamas K Lengyel,
	committers, Jan Beulich',
	Brian Woods, Paul Durrant

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 03:51:11PM -0700, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Lars Kurth wrote:
> > On 22/03/2018, 14:49, "Julien Grall" <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
> >
> >     >> -----
> >     >>
> >     >> I think we need to discuss PCI emulation and our future direction. Our current hybrid with QEMU is becoming increasingly problematic.
> >     >
> >     > +1
> >
> >     I think it would be worth for Stefano and I to join this discussion.
> >     Ideally, we want to use a common solution between Arm and x86.
> >
> >     Not sure the time will fit for Stefano thought.
> >
> > It's at 7am Pacific, which is a little early for Stefano. I can't really move the call: it was quite hard to agree a time-slot.
> > But we could aim to schedule this discussion for say 7:30 or 7:45, which makes this easier for Stefano
>
> Yes, indeed it is very early for Stefano :-)
>
> But I can do 7:30-7:45 for once.
>
> In general, for things that interest both x86 and Arm, and PCI
> passthrough is a great example, I think it would be best to organize
> topic specific calls (that I would love push to 8AM or later ;-)

This is probably going to be a big topic, so I agree that a separate
call with a dedicated agenda might be better.

Roger.

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-03-23  9:48             ` Paul Durrant
From: Paul Durrant @ 2018-03-23  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Roger Pau Monné', Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Lars Kurth, Julien Grall, xen-devel, Wei Liu,
	Andrew Cooper, Daniel Kiper, Janakarajan Natarajan,
	Christopher Clark, Ji, John, Rich Persaud, Tamas K Lengyel,
	committers, Jan Beulich',
	Brian Woods

Yes, and it may be prudent to reserve some time for a design session at summit, if relevant folks will be there.

  Paul

@ 2018-03-23 17:04               ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-03-23 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Durrant
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Lars Kurth, Julien Grall, Stefano Stabellini,
	Wei Liu, Andrew Cooper, Daniel Kiper,
	'Roger Pau Monné',
	Christopher Clark, Ji, John, Rich Persaud, xen-devel,
	Tamas K Lengyel, Jan Beulich',
	committers, Janakarajan Natarajan, Brian Woods

@ 2018-03-28 14:40 ` George Dunlap
From: George Dunlap @ 2018-03-28 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Kurth, xen-devel
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Tamas K Lengyel, Wei Liu, intel-xen,

On 03/22/2018 10:22 AM, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> please find attached
> a) Meeting details (just a link with timezones) – the meeting invite will follow when we have an agenda
>    Bridge details – will be sent with the meeting invite
>    I am thinking of using GotoMeeting, but want to try this with a Linux only user before I commit
> c) Call for agenda items
>
> A few suggestions were made, such as XPTI status (if applicable), PVH status
> Also we have some left-overs from the last call: see https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-03/threads.html#01571
>
> Regards
> Lars
>
> == Meeting Details ==
> Wed April 11, 15:00 - 16:00 UTC
>
> International meeting times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=4&day=11&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=179&p4=136&p5=37&p6=33

It looks like the above should say "15:00 - 16:00 BST"?

I'll send agenda items closer to the time of the meeting.

 -George

* Re: X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Call for Agenda Items
@ 2018-04-02  8:58   ` Ji, John
From: Ji, John @ 2018-04-02  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Dunlap, Lars Kurth, xen-devel
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Tamas K Lengyel, Wei Liu, intel-xen,
	Andrew Cooper, Daniel Kiper, Roger Pau Monné,
	Christopher Clark, Janakarajan Natarajan, Rich Persaud,
	Paul Durrant, committers, Jan Beulich',
	Brian Woods

Hi, Lars,
Chao and I will be traveling and thus will miss the meeting. From our side, we propose continue to discuss the features which we didn't cover last time, including SGX, SPP, PT-VMX and 288 vCPU.

Best Regards

John Ji

@ 2018-04-05 13:49   ` Lars Kurth
From: Lars Kurth @ 2018-04-05 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Dunlap
  Cc: Juergen Gross, Lars Kurth, xen-devel, Wei Liu, Andrew Cooper,
	Daniel Kiper, Roger Pau Monné,
	Christopher Clark, Janakarajan Natarajan, Rich Persaud,
	Tamas K Lengyel, committers, 'Jan Beulich',
	intel-xen, Paul Durrant, Brian Woods