* Execution time
@ 2021-03-03 14:45 Leandro Bucci
From: Leandro Bucci @ 2021-03-03 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi, I noticed a very strange but also interesting fact. When a certain
periodic task is executed, if the period is small (for example 0.5ms) I
have that the execution times are more or less constant (about 5 micro
seconds). If, on the other hand, the period of the same task is larger (for
example 10ms), the execution times are less predictable and range from 5
micro seconds to 15 micro seconds.

How is this possible? I am using a raspberry Pi3 and the task is running on
a core dedicated to xenomai.

Mail
priva di virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

* Execution time
@ 2021-02-16 11:34 Leandro Bucci
From: Leandro Bucci @ 2021-02-16 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

hi, I'm doing some tests. I'm measuring the execution time of a task. the
task takes about 10us to complete. But I am noticing that it takes even
just over 5us at times. I therefore don't have a constant running time.
It's normal? maybe because the precision is of the order of micro seconds?