On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Bruce Edge wrote: > What's the right way to address these sort RedHat vs. Debian things in the Xen build? > > - rm -f  $(D)$(CONFIG_DIR)/sysconfig/xendomains > + rm -f  $(D)$(CONFIG_DIR)/default/xendomains > > - mkdir -p /var/lock/subsys > - touch /var/lock/subsys/xend > + mkdir -p /var/lock > + touch /var/lock/xend > > Can I submit a patch that uses a config var to switch on which path use ? > > Or, where should such a build time switch go? Env, or? > ...assuming that it's even an option. > > There's a couple of different downstream patches that others are maintaining to handle this kind of stuff, but that lag > behind the xen-unstable tree and it seems like an upstream patch to handle this distro variation in the Xen build itself > would be a better long term solution. > A way to switch between the two would be nice, I would accept a patch that accomplish that using a config var (something in Config.mk ?. The default value of this config variable might be detected looking at the existence of /etc/sysconfig or /etc/default. Keep in mind that besides sysconfig vs. default there are other subtle differences, like the chkconfig line in the init scripts (tools/hotplug/Linux/init.d/xencommons for example).