On Tue, 19 Jul 2011, Boris Derzhavets wrote: > Alpha 2 already has Xen 4.1 packaged and ready for testing. > It appears to be known bug that HVM  DomUs crash at Xen 4.1 Dom0 with different "pvops'' > kernels ( in particular 3.0.0-5-generic Ubuntu) , but not only on Ubuntu . > Here is report for Fedora 15 : > > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/users/213049?nohighlight=1#213049 > > Ubuntu developers are pretty sure that Xen Host will be built with no problems. > Would it  be possible to issue a patch for Xen  4.1 to fix the  problem ? > Actually two distros are affected Fedora 16 and Ubuntu 11.10 ( maybe Debian  - here > i am not sure ) First we need to understand what the problem is. I wasn't aware of this issue before you started a thread yesterday and nothing meaningful appears in any of the logs posted. Now I am trying to reproduce the problem but so far I didn't have any luck: I am testing with the same kernel config and VM config you use with plain Linux 3.0.0 rc7, I tried both xen 4.1.0 and xen 4.1.1 but I still can start hvm guests with no troubles. However all my tests are on Debian 6.0.1, I am downloading alpha 2 to see if I can reproduce the bug there.