* hammer timing
@ 2015-03-30 17:00 Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2015-03-30 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

The fix for #11177 (s/ceph.default.log/ceph.log/) uncovered a bunch of
errors that have been showing up in the cluster (like scrub errors) that
teuthology was missing.  Sam has squashed most of them already, but there
is at least one still outstanding.  This will push out the hammer release
until next Monday, most likely.

In the meantime, we can continue to validate the upgrade test results
and/or work on post-hammer stuff.

sage

* hammer timing
@ 2015-01-06 17:42 Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2015-01-06 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Things were pretty slow over the holidays, so here's the current plan.

- Extend the current sprint (v0.92) until the end of this week (1/11).
At that time the already-frozen v0.91 will get released and v0.92 will
freeze.

- Do one more two week sprint (v0.93) from 1/12 to 1/25.  v0.92 will
release and v0.93 will freeze.  This will effectively be the feature
freeze for hammer.

- Two weeks after that we'll release v0.93, the first hammer release
candidate.

- Hopefully two weeks after that v0.94 (final hammer) will follow.  This
will depend on how things look stability-wise, though; we may want to do a
second release candidate and make v0.95 hammer final.

Sound okay?
sage