On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Qin Li wrote: > 于 2014/2/27 21:03, Stefano Stabellini 写道: > > > >I guest linux guest will do the same thing, rdtsc() fetch current > > > timestamp from current running vCPU, TSC out-of-sync issue is still there. > > > >It seems to me pvclock finally fix the time drift issue just because the > > > workaround enforced as above, right? > > First you should know that TSC is not always guaranteed to be > > synchronized across multiple processors, especially on older systems. > > On "TSC-safe" systems, Xen would export a consistent TSC to guests, by > > setting the vtsc offset and scale appropriately. > Stefano, > > Is there a easy way to check whether the system is "TSC-safe"? Do you mean > "X86_FEATURE_TSC_RELIABLE" bit in "boot_cpu_data.x86_capability"? Yes, I think that's it. Maybe you want to read docs/misc/tscmode.txt.