From: William Towle <william.towle@codethink.co.uk>
To: g.liakhovetski@gmx.de
Cc: ian.molton@codethink.co.uk,
	Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@gmx.de>,
	linux-media@vger.kernel.org, mchehab@redhat.com,
	hans.verkuil@cisco.com, sylvester.nawrocki@gmail.com,
	vladimir.barinov@cogentembedded.com
Subject: Re: RFC: soc_camera, rcar_vin, and adv7604
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:03:53 +0100 (BST)	[thread overview]

   Earlier this year, a colleague and I sought advice on the
combination of "soc_camera + rcar_vin for capture, and the mainline
adv7604 driver (which we have modified to successfully drive the
adv7612).", with reasonable results, noting that we might move
towards "a soc_camera2 with pads support?".

   For the next stage of work, we have created a test branch that
contains an alternative version of rcar_vin.c, based on
v4l2-pci-skeleton.c [from the Documentation tree] and with device
tree initialisation code transplanted back into it.

   This presently creates device nodes happily, and if code from
soc_camera.c is transplanted, we observe appropriate low-level
interaction with hardware prompted by code in adv7604.c.

   I have not yet progressed to seeing calls to rcar_vin_irq()
succeed, however, and wondered if you could shed light onto the places
I might have overlooked?

Cheers,
   Wills.
   (William Towle; william.towle@codethink.co.uk)