* Does XEN ARM support RTC in domu?
@ 2018-10-31 13:57 Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2018-10-31 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, Julien Grall, Stefano Stabellini

Hi All,

Just have a question, does XEN ARM support RTC in domu? To support Android in DomU, RTC is needed for alarm, but I did not find information about RTC on xen for domu. So this need a new RTC paravirtualization driver? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peng.

* Re: Does XEN ARM support RTC in domu?
@ 2018-10-31 18:52 ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-10-31 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Fan, xen-devel, Stefano Stabellini

On 10/31/18 1:57 PM, Peng Fan wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi,

> Just have a question, does XEN ARM support RTC in domu? To support Android in DomU, RTC is needed for alarm, but I did not find information about RTC on xen for domu. So this need a new RTC paravirtualization driver? Any suggestions?

By RTC, do you mean Real-Time Clock? Something like PL031? Or do you
have something else in mind?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Does XEN ARM support RTC in domu?
@ 2018-11-01  3:37   ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2018-11-01  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, xen-devel, Stefano Stabellini

Hi Julien,

Yes, Real Time Clock like PL031 in DomU. I do not have a good idea support RTC in ARM DomU,
KVM and XEN x86 seems use emulated RTC in qemu. Thinking of paravirtual RTC, and dom0
control the expire time for alarm.

Thanks,
Peng.

@ 2018-11-01 21:13     ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-11-01 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Fan, xen-devel, Stefano Stabellini

On 11/1/18 3:37 AM, Peng Fan wrote:
> Hi Julien,

Hi Peng,

The PL031 is quite small (based on the QEMU version). So I think it
would be fine to provide an emulation in the hypervisor.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Does XEN ARM support RTC in domu?
@ 2018-11-05  2:11       ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2018-11-05  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, xen-devel, Stefano Stabellini

Hi Julien,

> >> in DomU, RTC is needed for alarm, but I did not find information
> >> about RTC on xen for domu. So this need a new RTC paravirtualization driver?
> Any suggestions?
> >>
> >> By RTC, do you mean Real-Time Clock? Something like PL031? Or do you
> >> have something else in mind?
> >
> > Yes, Real Time Clock like PL031 in DomU. I do not have a good idea
> > support RTC in ARM DomU, KVM and XEN x86 seems use emulated RTC in
> > qemu. Thinking of paravirtual RTC, and dom0 control the expire time for
> alarm.
>
> The PL031 is quite small (based on the QEMU version). So I think it would be fine
> to provide an emulation in the hypervisor.

Ok. Just like the hvm x86, implement emulate PL031 inside XEN. I'll give a try.

Thanks,
Peng.

@ 2018-11-06  8:03         ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2018-11-06  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Fan, Julien Grall, xen-devel, Stefano Stabellini

Hi Julien,

Just a follow up question, emulating PL031 in xen, do you have idea how to inject virtual interrupt to domu?
The interrupt should be only cpu interface interrupt, I think.

Thanks,
Peng.

@ 2018-11-06 17:14           ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-11-06 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)