Hi Torsten, On Mon, 22 Aug 2016, Torsten Bögershausen wrote: > On 19.08.16 17:00, Johannes Schindelin wrote: > > > > On Fri, 19 Aug 2016, Torsten Bögershausen wrote: > > > >> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 02:46:17PM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote: > >> > >>> +--filters:: > >>> + Show the content as transformed by the filters configured in > >> Minor comment: > >> s/transformed/converted/ ? > > Sure. > > > >> Does it make sense to be more specific here: > >> The order of conversion is > >> - ident > >> - CRLF > >> - smudge > > I do not think it makes sense to complexify the documentation in that > > manner. The filters should always be applied in the same order, methinks, > > and it would only clutter the man page to repeat that order here. > Can we can shorten the description and have something like this: > > --filters:: > + Show the content converted by the filters configured in > + the current working tree for the given . > + has to be of the form : or :. I do not want it shortened *that* much. I, for one, would be confused reading about filters, as there are so many of them. So while I do not want cat-file's man page to include an extensive description how filters work, I do want it to have an indication which filters this option is talking about. Ciao, Dscho