Hi Kuba and Stefan, On Wed, 31 Aug 2016, Stefan Beller wrote: > On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Jakub Narębski wrote: > > > > > BTW. perhaps we would be able to continue with 'git continue', regardless > > of what we have started with, I wonder... > > > > git continue as a shorthand for `git --continue` sounds great. Before we get ahead of ourselves: 1) this has nothing to do with the patch series at hand, and 2) if we were to introduce `git continue`, we would need to think long and hard about the following issues: I) are there potentially ambiguous s that the user may want to continue? II) what about options? You can say `git rebase --continue --no-ff`, for example, but not `git cherry-pick --continue --no-ff`... III) Would it not be confusing to have a subcommand `continue` that does *not* serve a *single* purpose? It's kinda flying into the face of the Unix philosophy. Ciao, Dscho