Hi Kuba, On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, Jakub Narębski wrote: > W dniu 09.09.2016 o 16:40, Johannes Schindelin napisał: > > On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Jakub Narębski wrote: > >> W dniu 01.09.2016 o 16:20, Johannes Schindelin pisze: > >>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2016, Jakub Narębski wrote: > >>>> W dniu 29.08.2016 o 10:06, Johannes Schindelin pisze: > >> > >>>>> if (commit_lock_file(&msg_file) < 0) > >>>>> return error(_("Error wrapping up %s."), filename); > >>>> > >>>> Another "while at it"... though the one that can be safely postponed > >>>> (well, the make message easier to understand part, not the quote > >>>> filename part): > >>>> > >>>> return error(_("Error wrapping up writing to '%s'."), filename); > >>> > >>> As I inherited this message, I'll keep it. > >> > >> Well, please then add quotes while at it, at least, for consistency > >> > >> return error(_("Error wrapping up '%s'."), filename); > > > > I may do that as a final patch, once all the other concerns are addressed. > > I really do not want to change the error message during the conversion. > > Is not wanting to change error messages during conversion because of > your use of Scientist tool to catch errors in conversion process? It is more out of an aversion to mix unrelated purposes in the same patch. You will see that I inserted an extra patch with the purpose of fixing the style, that touches all the relevant error messages in sequencer.c. > BTW. could you tell us what were those three regression caught by the > cross-validation? Sure! The first one was that my original version of the rebase-i-extra patches did not reorder patches correctly when there was more than one space after the fixup!. I fixed it, and added this test: cbcd2cb (rebase -i: we allow extra spaces after fixup!/squash!, 2016-07-07) The second one was that `git commit --fixup` unwraps the commit subject into one long line and rebase -i *still* manages to find the correct commit to fix up. The test is part of the rebase-i-extra patches (and therefore you will find this commit only in my fork): 9fc25ce (t3415: test fixup with wrapped oneline, 2016-07-24) The third one was an obscure one: when I marked a commit as 'edit' and there was a merge conflict cherry-picking that particular commit, rebase --continue would squash the resolved changes *into the previous* commit, but with the cherry-picked commit's message. It was a simple, stupid oversight to write the "amend" file in the "edit" code path even if the cherry-pick failed. All fixed, of course. Ciao, Dscho