Hi Junio, On Thu, 6 Oct 2016, Junio C Hamano wrote: > Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy writes: > > > Throwing something at the mailing list to see if anybody is > > interested. > > > > Current '!' aliases move cwd to $GIT_WORK_TREE first, which could make > > handling path arguments hard because they are relative to the original > > cwd. We set GIT_PREFIX to work around it, but I still think it's more > > natural to keep cwd where it is. > > > > We have a way to do that now after 441981b (git: simplify environment > > save/restore logic - 2016-01-26). It's just a matter of choosing the > > right syntax. I'm going with '!!'. I'm not very happy with it. But I > > do like this type of alias. > > I do not know why you are not happy with the syntax, but I > personally think it brilliant, both the idea and the preliminary > clean-up that made this possible with a simple patch like this. I guess he is not happy with it because "!!" is quite unintuitive a construct. I know that *I* would have been puzzled by it, asking "What the heck does this do?". Ciao, Dscho