* sparse checkout : ignore paths
@ 2017-01-23 11:45 Tushar Kapila
From: Tushar Kapila @ 2017-01-23 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

When we clone/ pull with : config core.sparsecheckout true

We can specify paths to include. Would be good to explicitly specify
paths to exclude too. So I can include want/
but exclude want/bin/

Similar to .git/info/sparse-checkout can we have a
.git/info/sparse-ignore-checkout optional file?

Logic would be to see if a path matches that is in
.git/info/sparse-checkout then see if its flagged in
.git/info/sparse-ignore-checkout , do not download if blocked in
.git/info/sparse-ignore-checkout. If the file does not exist, then
nothing ignored.

Regards,
Tushar Kapila

* Re: sparse checkout : ignore paths
@ 2017-01-23 15:13 ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2017-01-23 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tushar Kapila; +Cc: git

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Tushar Kapila wrote:

> When we clone/ pull with : config core.sparsecheckout true
>
> We can specify paths to include. Would be good to explicitly specify
> paths to exclude too.

That is already possible by using "negative patterns", i.e. patterns
preceded by an exclamation point.

Ciao,
Johannes