Hi Rémi, On Wed, 5 Apr 2017, Rémi Galan Alfonso wrote: > At $DAYWORK, the code is versionned under SVN. Since I haven't used SVN > before and try to have a clean and bisectable history, I installed git > with the intent to manage my code locally before pushing to SVN when I'm > satisfied (I haven't tries git-svn because I have never used it and > would like to avoid screwing up the SVN repo by some mistake). > > So first to setup the local repo, I wanted to add all of the code files. > So I first ran at the root of the repo: > $ git add ./**.cpp > Which is quite a big amount of files (partly because of external > dependencies which would have been smart to exclude, but it's done). > $ find -type f -name "**.cpp" | wc -l > 8676 > This command worked (return status is 0 and no error message). > > However following `git add **.hpp` and `git status` segfault with no > additional message: > $ git status > Segmentation fault I think this is the problem identified in https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/1111. To verify, you could try the snapshot (with the proposed fix) hosted here: http://wingit.blob.core.windows.net/files/index.html Ciao, Johannes