On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, SF Markus Elfring wrote: > > I removed the blank line at EOF, > > then applied to linux-kbuild/misc. > > This script for the semantic patch language is using the at sign within string > literals for Python code. > > It is nice when this character seems to work also with the current software. So it works, but you are complaining anyway? > How does its usage fit to the following information in the SmPL manual? > > https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/blob/bf1c6a5869dd324f5faeeaa3a12d57270e478b21/docs/manual/cocci_syntax.tex#L50 > > “… > Furthermore, @ should not be used in this code. > Spatch scans the script code for the next @ and considers that to be the > beginning of the next rule, even if @ occurs within e.g., a comment. > …” I guess the conclusion is that it woks in strings (which are pretty universal) and not in comments (which are language specific). julia > > See also: > Configuration or escaping of @ characters for embedded programming language scripts > https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/issues/36 > > Regards, > Markus > -- > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kernel-janitors" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html >