On Sat, 25 May 2019, Markus Elfring wrote: > > There is one in an argument list that is within a statement. > > This would only matter for the second call of the function “foo” > in the example function “main”, wouldn't it? > https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/blob/210ce894d2dd1572fff9e1c98ae443e6df14f4c7/demos/comments.c#L2 > > > How does your software decide which comment should be treated > as simple text before or after an item? It takes all of the comments before (up to the preceding non comment token if any) within and after (up to the following non comment token if any). I'm not sure what happens at the end of a function. I suspect that the end of a function is the end. The comments that are before the start of the next function are not considered to be after the function that precedes them. julia