On Wed, 5 Feb 2020, Joshua Watt wrote: > > > On Wed, Feb 5, 2020, 4:26 AM Robert P. J. Day wrote: > >   i've never defined a multiconfig build, but this section explaining > it in the BB user manual seems confusing: > > ///// start > > The following statement in the local.conf file both enables BitBake to > perform multiple configuration builds and specifies the two extra > multiconfigs: > >      BBMULTICONFIG = "target1 target2" > > Once the target configuration files are in place and BitBake has been > enabled to perform multiple configuration builds, use the following > command form to start the builds: > >      $ bitbake [mc:multiconfigname:]target [[[mc:multiconfigname:]target] ... ] > > Here is an example for two extra multiconfigs: target1 and target2: > >      $ bitbake mc::target mc:target1:target mc:target2:target > > ///// end > >   i don't understand the "mc::target" part of that last command, as it > does not seem to be compatible with the definition of the general form > of the command just above that, specifically: > >       $ bitbake [mc:multiconfigname:]target ... > > can someone clarify this? > > > "target" is the recipe you want to build, just as you would have specified if you were not using a "mc:multiconfig:" > prefix. For examples: > >  # build core-image-minimal >  bitbake mc:my-mulitconfig:core-image-minimal > >  # build BusyBox >  bitbake mc:my-mulitconfig:busybox > my confusion was with the example that started with the two colons: $ bitbake mc::target ... the manual doesn't seem to explain the meaning of that "::" bit. rday