From: Eldad Zack <eldad@fogrefinery.com>
To: Felix Homann <linuxaudio@showlabor.de>
Cc: alsa-devel <alsa-devel@alsa-project.org>,
	Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>,
	Daniel Mack <zonque@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to use implicit feedback with full duplex?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:49:52 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

Hi Felix,

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Felix Homann wrote:

> Hi Daniel, Hi Eldad.
>
> 2013/2/6 Daniel Mack <zonque@gmail.com>
>       I'll look for the FTU and re-try this with Eldad's latest additions once
>       I find some time.
>

> I'll probably find some time later next week. I haven't followed thoroughly what Eldad did for the C400/C600 but wanted to play around with the FTU anyway (if I
> remember correctly there was a patch dropping the first n implicit feedback packets on the C400 that might possibly be of benefit for the FTUs as well).

I only added C400 - but I hope the asymmetry-related patches will save
time with the C600.

Do you get different latency every time you start up a stream on the
FTU? That's the reason for the skip_packet quirk for the C400.

> @Eldad Have your latest additions already made it into Takashi's tree or where can I find them?

Yes and they are all merged upstream by now. But they are mostly
small things and specific to the C400.

Cheers,
Eldad