On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Rao Shoaib wrote: > > > On 04/20/2018 05:17 PM, Mat Martineau wrote: >> >> Hello - >> >> I've set up a wiki for our project: >> >> https://github.com/multipath-tcp/mptcp_net-next/wiki >> >> To start with I've added some information that was otherwise buried in our >> mailing list archives. This includes a summary of what the community has >> shared so far, meeting information, and pointers to relevant resources. >> > Hi Mat, > > Why is the following a requirement for the initial implementation > > "Move away from meta-sockets, treating each subflow more like a regular TCP > connection. The overall MPTCP connection is coordinated by an upper layer > socket that is distinct from tcp_sock." > > This can be done later. Hi Rao, The idea is to make the MPTCP changes less invasive to TCP by isolating the socket-level changes in separate MPTCP-specific socket code. I think "less invasive to TCP" is an important goal from the start. -- Mat Martineau Intel OTC