On 16-08-29 06:38 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote: > Let me see if i can > try something. Trickery with RCU is not one of my virtues - > so i may get it wrong but hope you can comment. Something like attached? Compile tested. I tried to emulate gact - but greping around I havent seen sample code which uses rcu_read_un/lock + synchronize_rcu this way [so be gentle if i got it wrong ;->] I am not sure where Cong is going but probably introducing a rcu head in each policy will allow to swap and free old one with call_rcu may be a better approach. The cost may come in slowing down replace operations. cheers, jamal