On 09.12.20 17:24, Julien Grall wrote: > Hi, > > On 09/12/2020 16:16, Juergen Gross wrote: >> This small series is meant as an example how to add further dynamical >> directories to hypfs. It can be used to replace Paul's current approach >> to specify ABI-features via domain create flags and replace those by >> hypfs nodes. > > This can only work if all the ABI-features are not required at the time > of creating the domain. Yes. In case there is some further initialization needed this has to be done later depending on the setting. > Those features should also be set only once. Furthermore, HYPFS is so > far meant to be optional. "set once" isn't the point. They should not be able to change after the domain has been started, and that is covered. > > So it feels to me Paul's approach is leaner and better for the > ABI-features purpose. Depends. My approach doesn't need any tools side changes after first implementation when adding new abi-features. And it isn't expanding an unstable interface. In the end this is the reason I marked this series as RFC. If using flags is preferred, fine. Juergen