On 01/28/2018 07:38 AM, Stefan Berger wrote: > On 01/26/2018 08:19 AM, no-reply@patchew.org wrote: >> Hi, >> >> This series failed build test on s390x host. Please find the details >> below. > > We can ignore this and the other emails' errors since the patch's > dependencies are in my tpm-next tree. The cover letter said this: > The patch is based on stefanb/tpm-next git branch. But patchew doesn't recognize that spelling. The better way to get patchew to not spit out those warnings in the first place is to add this to your cover letter: Based-on: <1516992568-3139-1-git-send-email-stefanb@linux.vnet.ibm.com> (Merge tpm 2018/01/26) (or whatever better message id is relevant) Hmm, I'm also noticing that MAINTAINERS lacks a T: entry under TPM that says where the stefanb/tpm-next git branch can be downloaded; the above-mentioned message id mentions git://github.com/stefanberger/qemu-tpm.git. I don't know if patchew recognizes a git repo+branch name as an alternative to message-id for the Based-on tag (for that matter, a maintainer branch might not always have stable commit ids, which could make life interesting if patchew tests against one version then the maintainer changes by rebase and the series would then break) -- Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer Red Hat, Inc. +1-919-301-3266 Virtualization: qemu.org | libvirt.org