From: Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com>
To: "Shahaf Shuler" <shahafs@mellanox.com>,
Cc: Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>, dpdk-dev <dev@dpdk.org>,
	Somnath Kotur <somnath.kotur@broadcom.com>,
	Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>,
	Michal Krawczyk <mk@semihalf.com>,
	Guy Tzalik <gtzalik@amazon.com>,
	Evgeny Schemeilin <evgenys@amazon.com>,
	Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
Subject: Re: ethdev new offloading API switch in PMDs
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 14:27:33 +0100	[thread overview]

On 5/2/2018 1:52 PM, Shahaf Shuler wrote:
> Wednesday, May 2, 2018 11:47 AM, Ferruh Yigit:
>> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] ethdev new offloading API switch in PMDs
>>
>> On 5/2/2018 6:34 AM, Shahaf Shuler wrote:
>>> Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:01 PM, Ferruh Yigit:

>>> Full removal of txq_flags can be done only after we will mitigate the
>> "queue offloads must match port offload" constrain.
>>
>> Why? What is the relation of the flag and constrain?
>
> The PMD has to know if to verify port offloads and queue offload correlation.
> It is done by looking on the ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_IGNORE flag.

Perhaps I am missing something but why done looking ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_IGNORE flag?

ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_IGNORE flag means application is using new API and "offloads"
variable is valid instead of "txq_flags"

ethdev uses this information to convert "txq_flags" to "offloads", for PMD
"offloads" are always valid.

PMD can check [rt]xmode->offloads (port offloads) and [rt]xq->offloads (queue
offloads) to verify between port and queue offloads. What is missing in this check?