From: Christian Strasser <christian@avr-fun.de>
To: "brian m. carlson" <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net>
Cc: git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Git install crashed nearly whole System
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:37:04 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Brian,

First, I want to thank you for your detailed information.

I'm a little confused. Is the instruction on "
https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git" not the
official one? As you can see there, the first part is how to install
git with your package manager (git-all).

I have to admit that I'm new to the Linux world, and that I still have
to learn a lot about it.

After the disaster I reinstalled all lost packages (also GNOME)
according to the information in my apt history. Everything seems to
work fine now.

Should I remove everything form "git-all" and reinstall everything
according to your advise? It seems no git daemon is working right now
(systemctl | grep git).

Best regards form Germany,
Christian