Hi, On 04/08/18 17:02, Sven Eckelmann wrote: > On Samstag, 4. August 2018 10:41:09 CEST Antonio Quartulli wrote: > [...] >>>> Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-net-batman-adv | 7 +++++++ >>> >>> Please discuss this with Jiri [1]. >>> >> >> After re-reading Jiri's points I can't really understand why we should >> now switch to netlink. I think all our sysfs knobs are used to inject >> settings *to* userspace, therefore his point 1) does not really apply to >> us. Point 2) is a bit generic and does not really explain why we should >> *switch*. > > Wouldn't it have been better when Jiri would also see your reply? Now he isn't > even aware of your criticism. > >> This said, I'd rather keep this patch as it is and possibly discuss the >> matter when sending this code to netdev for merging. >> >> I've discussed this with Marek too and he is fine with this approach. > > Interesting, I don't see it this way. This patch [0] is for netdev and we have > the statement that "usage of sysfs in netdev subsystem is frowned upon". Now > you want that we ignore that and than maybe Simon have to deal with the > fallout when he forwards it to David? Nope, I'd rather step in myself, should David or anybody else complain about the patch once sent to netdev. But I totally understand your point. Personally I did not see Jiri's statements as representative of netdev as a whole, but it looked like his personal opinion to me (I might be wrong). I will reply to [1] directly so we can take the discussion from there then. Cheers, > > Kind regards, > Sven > > [0] https://patchwork.open-mesh.org/patch/17372/ > >>> [1] https://lists.open-mesh.org/pipermail/b.a.t.m.a.n/2018-May/017814.html -- Antonio Quartulli