* when I use kgdb debugging kernel, I have added the "kgdbwait" to the kernel boot options, bug the system can't stop at booting for my gdb to connect
@ 2015-01-10  6:33 sizel
From: sizel @ 2015-01-10  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

when I use kgdb debugging kernel, I have added the "kgdbwait" to the kernel boot options, bug the system can't stop at booting for my gdb to connect

In gdb session , type continue . It outputs "The program is not run"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* when I use kgdb debugging kernel...
  2015-01-10  6:33 when I use kgdb debugging kernel, I have added the "kgdbwait" to the kernel boot options, bug the system can't stop at booting for my gdb to connect sizel
@ 2015-01-10 15:27 ` Adam Lee
From: Adam Lee @ 2015-01-10 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 02:33:43PM +0800, sizel wrote:
> when I use kgdb debugging kernel, I have added the "kgdbwait" to the kernel
> boot options, bug the system can't stop at booting for my gdb to connect
>
> In gdb session , type continue . It outputs "The program is not run"

Seems like you only connected console but not kgdb serial, check the
kernel parameter "kgdboc".

FYI, https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jwessel/kdb/kgdbKernelArgs.html

--
Adam Lee