Hi Diederik, > Looking into possible solutions, I found 2 very similar commits, but in > different projects, bluez and system-config-printer: > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=3ef0ce954b66fdf45538a6cdc629f3dac6642832 > https://github.com/OpenPrinting/system-config-printer/commit/19df47d2630b637d1802efe2c3cd5a00f2e40c3b > > They both link to https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-bluetooth/msg75267.html > While I lack the knowledge to fully understand what it says I did notice this: > "The intent is clear: As long as you are logged in to a local machine, and you > are the foreground/active console, you are allowed to control bluetooth. > However, the behavior of 'at_console' does *not* match this intent." > > In other places I saw the 'at_console' stanza just plainly removed without > any replacement, but it could have undesirable consequences for iwd. I think the solution chosen in BlueZ which gives blanket permission to access iwd D-Bus APIs to any local user is probably just fine. Particularly given that at_console effectively allowed any user to use iwd in the past. This effectively negates the need to provide a separate policy for wheel/netdev and so these can be removed. Alternatively we can limit the policy only to wheel/netdev groups. Care to send a patch? Regards, -Denis