On 04/17/2018 11:44 PM, Jon Masters wrote: > On 04/17/2018 10:48 PM, speck for Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote: >> 2). SBB vs MDD vs SBBD. >> >> MDD = Memory Disambiguation Disable >> SBB = Speculative Store Bypass >> SBBD = Speculative Store Bypass Disable >> >> Thomas likes 'MDD', Jon likes 'SBB', but he is also fine with 'SBBD'. > > I'm refactoring your patches to recognize either "mdd" or "ssbd" (double > s, not sbb :) ) on x86 and then other arches can target the latter one. I'm also changing "md_mitigation" to "mdd_mitigation" and standardizing on "md_" and "MDD_" prefixes. If we are to "enable" mitigations rather than disabling features, then let's make sure that's what we're always referring to it in that manner. Otherwise it's confusing to see "MD_ON" meaning that MDD is set and we are actually not enabling MD. So I change that to "MDD_ON", etc. Jon. -- Computer Architect | Sent from my Fedora powered laptop