From: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
To: "Peter Hüwe" <PeterHuewe@gmx.de>, linux-hwmon@vger.kernel.org
Cc: Jean Delvare <jdelvare@suse.com>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Conversion of w83627ehf to hwmon_device_register_with_info ?
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 18:56:01 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi Peter,

On 03/02/2017 04:33 PM, Peter Hüwe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is anybody else working on the conversion of the w83627ehf to the new
> hwmon_device_register_with_info interface?

I don't think so.

> Otherwise I will probably update the driver to this interface within the next
> days - but since it's a lot of work I wanted to check for duplication first.

Go ahead. I would suggest to drop nct6775/nct6776 support to simplify the code
when you do that. Maybe as separate commit, though.

> Do you think it makes sense to introduce a hwmon_sensor_types for "intrusion"
> as well? - there are currently 8 drivers who offer that interface.

I don't really like the idea of introducing another type for just one attribute,
but it might be the easiest and most consistent approach. Feel free to submit
a patch to add it.

Guenter