* Fetch from git every bitbake
@ 2019-01-17 14:06 Mauro Ziliani
From: Mauro Ziliani @ 2019-01-17 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all.

How can I force the pull from git repository of my app every time I do

bitbake app

Best regards,

   MZ

* Re: Fetch from git every bitbake
@ 2019-01-17 14:09 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2019-01-17 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Look up AUTOREV in the manual, that does exactly what you want.

Ross

@ 2019-01-18 14:00   ` Mauro Ziliani
From: Mauro Ziliani @ 2019-01-18 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I try AUTOREV in the recipe app_1.0.bb

SRCREV := "${AUTOREV}"

But it doesn't work.

Which other variables could inhibit AUTOREV?

MZ

@ 2019-01-18 17:19     ` Mauro Ziliani
From: Mauro Ziliani @ 2019-01-18 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I try BB_SRCREV_POLICY in conf/local.conf

First I try

BB_SRCREV_POLICY := "clear"

Then I try

BB_SCREV_POLICY_pn-app := "clear"

app_1.0.bb is the recipe with

SRCREV="${AUTOREV}"

SRC_URI += " \

    file://git@sourcer/app.git \

"

I'm working with a mixed version of Krogoth/Jethro.

Any Idea?

@ 2019-01-26 15:54 ` Mauro Ziliani
From: Mauro Ziliani @ 2019-01-26 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all.

I try AUTOREV in my recipe, but bitbake doesn't check the git repository
for newer versions.

I need to do

bitbake app -c cleanall

bitbake app

to update sources from repository.

Where I mistake?

Regards,

   MZ

@ 2019-01-27 11:02   ` Robert Berger
From: Robert Berger @ 2019-01-27 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Ziliani, yocto

Hi Mauro,

Can you please elaborate a bit what exactly you try to do?

SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"

will get the latest and greatest version from your git repo (the first
time and afterwards only if something changed in the git repo) and a
rebuild will only be triggered if something changed on your git repo.

If I understand it correctly you are trying to "fetch" and "build" every
time, even if nothing changed in the git repo.

Keep in mind, that bitbake will "only" fetch a new version from git if
there is a new version available.

In case you changed nothing in you git repo bitbake will most likely use
the cached version and also no new build will be triggered.

In case you want to "compile" every time even if nothing changed you can
try this:

do_compile[nostamp] = "1"

[nostamp]: When set to "1", tells BitBake to not generate a stamp file
for a task, which implies the task should always be executed.

In case you can provide an example .bb and explain your problem I guess
we can better help.

Regards,

Robert

@ 2019-01-18 14:25 Lukasz Zemla
From: Lukasz Zemla @ 2019-01-18 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I try AUTOREV in the recipe app_1.0.bb

> SRCREV := "${AUTOREV}"

> But it doesn't work.

> Which other variables could inhibit AUTOREV?

Could you share complete recipe, please?
I would give it a try:

SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"

Best regards,
Lukasz Zemla